What exactly is a short temper?
A short temper and a short fuse are one and the same thing. Someone who is short-tempered gets angry easily, often for minor reasons, and usually displays angry behaviours like slamming doors, or throwing things around in frustration and annoyance.
Angry people are almost always impatient people, and have trouble allowing other folk to even talk. They can go from casual conversation to a heated argument in a matter of minutes, and if this is you, you may have noticed that some people tend to avoid you at certain times of the day when you may appear to be under stress.
Feeling angry on occasions is a normal part of life, and sometimes anger can even have a positive effect. When you are threatened in any way, anger has a unique way of goading you to take action. However, although anger is a natural reaction that usually passes quickly, for some folk it can become a difficult emotion to control.
The characteristics of having a short temper.
Having a short fuse and flying off the handle is sometimes the result of certain unresolved conflicts or events which may have occurred in the past.
Here are some of the issues which you may be able to identify with, if you have an anger problem.
· Always complaining.If you are constantly complaining about other people and everything around you, you may have a deep-seated anger problem.
· Unforgiveness.If you are in a relationship, and have been hurt by your partner in the past, you could be having difficulty forgiving the partner. Holding a grudge can lead to anger issues and chip away at your relationship until there is nothing left.
· Taking offence.Angry people with a short fuse are quick to take offence. Innocent comments can upset someone who has an angry disposition, and who are always waiting for people to make a mess.
· Hiding angry feelings. Being angry or upset does not always mean open aggression. You can express your anger in more subtle ways which are just as damaging. You may give the stony silence or the cold-shoulder treatment to show your anger, or maybe withhold sex, love or attention from your partner. Others may use constant sarcasm to get their feelings across.
· Anxiety.If you are highly anxious, and get upset when you are not able to control life’s situations, you are probably prone to a short temper.
Experts agree that anger in general isn’t always the problem. However, if you don’t deal with the issues, and keep sweeping them under the carpet, the unresolved emotions will build up into deep feelings of anger.
How hypnosis can help you express your anger appropriately.
Having a temper tantrum when you are annoyed or frustrated will not get you anywhere. In fact, your performance may only lower the respect others have for you, and reduce the self-esteem you have for yourself.
Here are ways hypnosis, in conjunction with neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) can help you deal with anger issues.
· When you are in a relaxed state, a skilled hypnotherapist can access the subconscious mind and teach you how to train your mind and help you eliminate the harmful beliefs that keep you in a poor reactive behavioural pattern
· The therapist show you how to express yourself in a calm and positive manner, instead of wildly lashing out in anger and frustration.
· You will be able to ask for what you need without being impatient, and also manage to express your opinions respectfully, even when in disagreement.
· Hypnosis can free your mind of unresolved conflicts which may be fuelling your anger, and how to recognise when feelings of impatience, rage, or irritations are building up, so that you can take appropriate action not to allow them to take over.
· Hypnosis and NLP, by creating a new positive mindset, will guide you into being a calmer, more confident person – giving you back control over your own feelings and emotions.
Experts agree that hypnosis is an excellent, effective method for anger management which is manifested by a chronic short temper, and a high level of impatience.
A source of many disasters.
Anger and its components such as resentment, jealousy, and Unforgiveness, when turned inwards and harboured in the subconscious mind, has led to much bitterness. Families and relationships have been torn apart, and often resulted in abuse, murder or even suicide.
Allowing a skilled hypnotherapist to help you eliminate these harmful feelings from your mind, will help you to become a calmer, more confident person with a new mindset, and a new zest for life.