Hypnotherapy for OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
Hypnosis for OCD Adelaide
Things You Need to Know About OCD and Hypnotherapy OCD: What Is It?
OCD is a condition by a kind of anxiety that makes the affected person to keep repeating a particular action or thought process. Basically, OCD can be understood as a form of extreme craving that mostly results into impulsiveness to fulfill its urge.
OCD affects about 1.2% of the population, and it’s not discriminative. Its effects can be identified in people regardless of their age, social background, or gender.
Understanding OCD From a Victim’s Perspective
You’ll realize that the reason many people affected by OCD find it hard to break away from it is because the impulses associated with the compulsive action in question are uncontrollable. In fact, there are so many people suffering from OCD and they don’t even know it, and that’s largely because the problem stems from the subconscious mind.
The affected person doesn’t really want the thoughts triggered by OCD, but they just can’t help it. They believe that giving in to the urge would somehow keep them safe from perceived harm. They may perceive the harm to be either to themselves or people they care for.
How Does OCD Manifest Itself?
OCD may manifest itself through a range of symptoms. However, it’s fair to note that this condition is said to exist only if the actions or thoughts associated exhibit in their excess. Below are the most common symptoms of OCD:
· Excessive hoarding: They feel that something negative might happen if they let go of some things even if they don’t need them. They may want to keep old clothes, unused appliances and such other stuff.
· Perfectionism: They want everything to be perfect and believe that things won’t work out otherwise.
· Too much cleaning: They have constant fear of being contaminated. They wash hands or cleaning their spaces at every opportunity.
· Obsession with arranging and counting things: They want everything arranged in perfect, particular order around them. They’re superstitious about some numbers, figures, and shapes.
· Obsessive checking or being too cautious: They may keep checking around for situations that they perceive as prone to danger. For example, checking if doors and windows are locked.
Treating OCD with Hypnotherapy: Does it Work and How?
The good news is that OCD is treatable. In fact, it’s a condition that can actually be solved permanently. You’ve probably come across stories and testimonies of people, even celebrities, who have beaten their addictions and other OCD-related issues by undergoing hypnotherapy.
Hypnotherapy works by way of first suppressing, restricting, and managing a compulsive disorder. In essence, this is aimed at altering the victim’s thinking to prevent the thoughts, visual cues, or situations that trigger their urges.
Since merely applying these methods doesn’t solve the problem permanently, hypnotherapy focus more on rooting out the problem from the subconscious level by utilizing the power of the subconscious to figure out why the urge is triggered and then correcting the problem from its root instead of merely managing it. That way, the treatment is permanent.
Want to Get Hypnotherapy Treatment for OCD? Contact Us Now!
Going by the fact that hypnotherapy has been proven very successful in treating OCD, it’s only natural that anyone facing OCD-related challenges would want to contact us as soon as possible. We’re experts in hypnotherapy. Trust us for excellent services that will help you to finally be OCD free.
0411 456 510